The Velvet Chamber
An Anthology of Revisioned Myth and Fairy Tale

Explore the dark side of the female psyche --A CALL FOR WRITERS




Jezebel.com supports The Velvet Chamber

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Witch's Beast

 Kiki Howell (photo above), author of The Witch's Beast, A Torrid Twisted Tale published by Whiskey Creek Press had this to say about rewriting the bad girls of myth and fairy-tale:

"I wrote my retelling of The Beauty and the Beast to settle a long standing grudge I had with the Brothers Grimm.  I felt the witch had a story to tell. When I saw that Whiskey Creek Press had a line of Torrid Twisted Tales, I wrote my version of the story completely from the witch’s point of view. The erotic nature of the story was an added bonus."

A review of Ms. Howell's The Witch's Beast:

You Gotta Read Reviews

"In the spirit of Gregory Macguire's Wicked, The Witch's Beast tells an old familiar tale from a different angle with a sexy spin. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and its characters. Ms. Howell paints Beauty and the Beast in an entirely differently light, putting your sympathies in places you wouldn't imagine when thinking of the original tale. Those once loved in the original story are shown in a new way and expands the character of the Witch who turns a Prince into a Beast, in more ways than one. I would definitely recommend you pick up this book so you can read this tale and find out the new ending to the Beast's story."

No comments:

Post a Comment