The Velvet Chamber
An Anthology of Revisioned Myth and Fairy Tale

Explore the dark side of the female psyche --A CALL FOR WRITERS




Jezebel.com supports The Velvet Chamber

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Virtual Story Project

I begin with a fairy-tale: Once upon a time.  I write the first 500 words.  You write the next 500 words, and send them to me at http://talesfromthevelvetchamber.blogspot.com/.  I edit and publish the post with a link to the previous episode and so on and so forth.  You get a by-line and a link to your website/blog.  We all get a new story; communal as opposed to private.  Kind of the way myth is created. 

I might write about Medea, or I might write about the Wicked Stepmother.  Maybe Hecate makes an appearance along with Pandora, you never know--- perhaps they all do.  I pick the first and best that appears in my mailbox.  If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.  The story goes on and on. Perhaps its published in the anthology, perhaps it always lives online.  This is the virtual story project. 


More details to follow.   

Image:  Jean-Marie Bottequi, "Eve, Adam Kadmon, and Lilith, 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment